16 October, 2013

The Beginning Of Being Me

hello.

My name is Claire Meehae Jung. Meehae is my Korean name. As a child I used to tell people I didn't have a middle name, so I wouldn't have to pronounce my "embarrassing" Korean one. 

But now I am proud to say that yes, I am Korean, and yes I was relatively good at Maths.

I am fresh out of high school and know nothing about blogging. I dropped out of uni after one month and decided to take a year off studying.

Having a part-time job at a frozen yogurt joint and an online shopping addiction; I had no savings. So instead of exploring the world I've spent the year working, helping others and generally bumming around.

At the end of September I decided to leave my comfort zone. Taking the fearless steps of getting out of my bed and away from the sitcoms to the world that awaited me outside.

I decided that I would spend the rest of the year learning different skills and exploring new places. I am starting new hobbies, planning to go traveling and spending a lot of time with my girlfriends. 

Thinking about everything I wanted to experience before the end of the year, I became very excited and decided to start this blog. It will be a place where I will document all my new adventures.

Including the places I visit, the food I eat, the people I meet, the fashion I envy, as well as my feelings and thoughts through all new experiences.

By pushing myself into unique, exciting and sometimes uncomfortable situations, I hope to share my journey of becoming me and to inspire others to do the same.

My New Year starts now, in October 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment